The need for good packaging becomes clear when you follow the scan history of your shipment on the Deliver Plus website. Your package may be sorted through numerous depots, airports and hubs before it reaches it’s final destination. The shipper is responsible for ensuring all packages are prepared sufficiently for transportation.
We recommend you take every care in packaging your product, including using strong cardboard with enough room to pad the inside to prevent your item moving around inside the box.
You can also choose from a variety of Vivid Telecom packaging solutions, all provided free of charge to our customers:
- Use a rigid box with flaps intact
- Remove any labels, hazardous materials indicators, and other shipment markings from the box
- Wrap all items separately
- Use adequate cushioning material
- Use strong tape designed for shipping
- Do not use string or paper over-wrap
- Use a single address label that has clear, complete Deliver and return information
- Place a duplicate address label inside the package.
All shipments you are sending must comply with our restrictions which are detailed below:
- No single parcel must exceed 70 kg in weight *
- The maximum length we can accept is 270 cm
- The maximum size per package is 330 cm in length and girth combined.
- Pallets are only carried through prior arrangement with our special services division.
When shipping any of the following:
- Any article that is not fully encased in an outside shipping container
- Cans or pails that are not fully encased in a shipping container made of corrugated cardboard
- Any package exceeding 150 cm in length
- Any article that is fully enclosed in a plastic wrapping or bag, excluding the Vivid Telecom Express Pak
- Any article that is encased in a cylindrical container.
£2.40 per package will be charged in addition to the shipping costs.
Suitcases and other types of bags are not acceptable as packaging.
Labelling your package
Vivid Telecom provide plastic pouches to assist you with shipping. Attach all shipping documents to the package using these pouches. If you are either sending a shipment outside of Europe or alternatively sending a shipment within the EU that is not in free circulation, you will need to attach 5 copies of a commercial invoice along with any other relevant shipping documentation.
If you are using shipping labels:
Attach a single shipping label to each box.
Try and ensure there are no other shipping labels attached to the boxes.
If you are sending a multi-piece shipment, the labels will be numbered in sequence for example:1 of 2, 2 of 2. Please always ensure the document pouch is attached to the first label in the sequence, the package labelled in this example 1 of 2.
If you are using a Vivid Telecom Manual Waybill
Insert the waybill and any shipping documents into the plastic pouch and attach to one of the packages. Mark the packages in the example of a 2 piece shipment; 1 of 2, 2 of 2.